Monday, August 4, 2008

Seasons...

There's an old proverb that declares that there is a time and a place for everything. That everything has a season, a time to be born and a time to die...a time to laugh and a time to cry. It's not a complicated process but we seem to struggle with it a lot. We don't like seasons..if we had it our way we would always have sun and no rain, laughter and no tears.

In my own life there has been many times that I have went out of my way to try and control seasons. Not only was it stupid of me but it was also very arrogant and control freak like. As hard as I tried I couldn't stop the seasons of life from changing. People left me, bad things happened or whatever the case was, but one thing was clear I  was not in control of things.

These days my challenge is, instead of trying to control or avoid the seasons of life, to try and be prepared for when they change, and to enjoy the good seasons while they are around. I realize that I must challenge myself to make the most out of every moment because the season can and will change. I am writing this today because I know that it is important for me to remember..and the truth is that

sometimes I forget